Saturday 29 January 2011

Thinking of Valentine’s Day

DSCF0973
I’ve had a really nice day today, the first time this year the weather has been nice enough to go down to my allotment to prepare for the season. Spending time in the sunshine, gardening with my husband made me all mellow and I rounded of my day off with a nice bit of crafting and prepping for my craft class on Tuesday.

As I said last week, I’ve been trying to be a bit more adventurous with my colours combos and this is what I came up with as a Valentine card, though I think you could use it for an anniversary or even a wedding. 

One of my new favourite stamps is the En Francais background, it gives a lovely vintage feel, especially nice when the edges are inked.

Here’s a close up so you can see the texture wheel in action, it is fast becoming an essential piece of my kit. It gives a lovely subtle spattered pattern without being over the top.
DSCF0973 - Copy
The colours are 

Card -Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry and Crumb Cake and Early Espresso

Ink - Early Espresso ink

Satin Ribbon - Old Olive satin ribbon (which is just fabulous!)

Stamps – En Francais, Simply Said and sentiment from Occasional Greetings (a must have set).

Embossed with Silver Stampin’ Emboss powder.

Distressing was done with the texture wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment