Thursday 9 September 2010

A card for a man

Here's a quick card I made for my brother's birthday. I always find men's cards a bit of a head scratcher, but I think these colours from Stampin' Up make the card.

The stamp set is 'Cheers to You' which also has some lovely cocktail and champagne glass images, perfect for lots of occasions. Using blender pens and Stampin' Write markers gives a lovely colour washed effect that you don't get with alcohol based pens.

I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the new 'dot,dot,dot' stamp to make a lovely background, stamping Chocolate Chip ink onto Chocolate Chip card gives a great effect. Then I drew diagonal lines of Always Articoke using the Stampin' write markers onto matching card for the green section.

Night of Navy scallop circle punches and More mustard are used for the accents and lettering (which I cut and layered with my die cutting machine). I am just loving the colour combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment